Frequently Asked Questions
Who is it for?
- Independent retailers with little time to train
- Church stores working with volunteers
- Chain retailers looking for supplemental training
- Courses packaged by topic that can be assigned to individual users.
- Training content followed by assessments to complete. Users move to the next course when they receive at least 80% on their assessment.
- Customizable templates for store policies and manuals.
What does the training cover?
Courses cover more than 35 topics, including but not limited to:
- How to approach customers without scaring them off
- Opening conversations and closing sales
- Creating loyal customers
- Setting goals
- Defining standards
- Management’s role
- Transitioning to management
- Important metrics to measure
- Fostering competition with sales games
- Hiring tips, from recruiting to interviewing
Where do I start?
- Start with the Gold Star Selling course pack. It’s foundational and will help users get familiar with the platform.
When and where should the courses be taken?
- You might offer a training area in the back of your store. If you don’t have a computer to use, consider providing a tablet.
- Staff might take courses during downtime in their shifts. They can always pause to work with a customer.
- As the staff take courses onsite, they can immediately apply what they are learning. It is not advisable to ask them to take courses at home.
- You might arrange morning meetings before opening for all staff to watch courses together and discuss.
How would it work with volunteers?
- Sign up each volunteer the same way you would staff members.
- Volunteers are giving of their time and talent. Training is a way for you to give back, showing an interest and investment in them.
- When volunteers are equipped and prepared, they feel better about how their time is spent.
Is it transferable?
- Yes. If a staff member or volunteer leaves, you can reassign the login to a different person.
- To transfer a login, simply email email@example.com with the following info:
- Name of Organization and CBA ID#
- RAO program administrator
- User name being removed
- User name being added
- Email address being added
How do I make the most of it?
- Name an administrator who will be able to assign and monitor courses for all users. Then enroll each of your staff or volunteers with their own login. This way, you can assign individual staff members the courses that will benefit them the most.
- Ask staff members to take one course per week and focus on implementing that piece of training that week.
- Ask managers to take one management course and one selling course per week. Management courses cover topics including planning, recruiting, and hiring.
Why worry about training?
- Training will enable you to love and serve those around you to the best of your ability.
- Training is proven to increase revenue by 20% or more, which increases the opportunity to accomplish ministry.
- Training helps you adapt to changing customer behavior.
- Training helps you stay competitive by learning new, useful techniques.
- Training helps your staff see opportunities to offer more faith-building support (such as offering highlighters with Bibles) instead of fearing “up-selling”