Our Statement of Faith
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each of Whom is fully and equally God. (Matthew 28:18-19. Mark 12:29. Matthew 3:16‐17. John 1:14. Acts 5:3. II Corinthians 13:14. Hebrews 1:1‐3.)
- We believe the Bible to be the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16. II Peter 1:21. Hebrews 4:12).
- We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:30 & 14:9. Philippians 2:5‐8. Hebrews 1: 2‐3), in His virgin birth (Matthew 1:23, 25), in His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15), in His miracles (Matthew 11:20‐24), in His vicarious death and atonement through His shed blood (Romans 3:23‐26), in His bodily resurrection (Acts 17:2‐3), in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Acts 1:9‐11), and in His future, personal and visible return in power and glory (John 14:1‐3).
- We believe that man was created in the image of God (Genesis 1: 26 & 27), that he was tempted by Satan and fell (Genesis 3:1‐15) and, because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is necessary for salvation (Romans 8: 14‐18) which is provided by God’s grace and appropriated through the believer’s faith in the atoning work of Christ on the cross (Ephesians 1:7 & 8, 2:8 & 9).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Galatians 5:16‐18), and by Whom the Church is empowered to carry out Christ’s great commission (Romans 15:19).
- We believe that as a witness to the world, and in obedience to God, the Christian believer is called to conform to the values and principles set forth in the Bible (John 8:31. James 1:22. I Thessalonians 2:12‐14).
- We believe that the Christian’s life should adhere to God’s revealed design for sexuality, for one‐man‐one‐woman marriage, and for family life (Genesis 2:18‐25. Mark 10:6‐9. Genesis 9:1. Hebrews 13: 4. Romans 1: 26‐27. I Corinthians 7:39. I Corinthians 7:2-6), and, as God is the author of life, to His authority over gender (Luke 1: 31 & 36. Mark 10:6. Isaiah 44: 1-2).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost, those who are saved to the resurrection of life (John 6:39. Romans 8:10, 11, 19‐23. I Corinthians 15: 42–49. II Corinthians 4: 14.) and those who are lost to a second death through an eternal separation from God (Daniel 12:2. John 5:29. Revelation 20:13‐15.